Talking Logging for Production Applications + Best Practices with Jordi Boggiano
In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Jordi Boggiano about logging in production applications as well as logging best practices. We also talk about logging formats, filtering log messages, Monolog and loads more!
In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Jordi Boggiano about logging in production applications as well as logging best practices. We also talk about logging formats, filtering log messages, Monolog and loads more! Jordi shared a load of excellent advice that you can start using today in your PHP applications, including:
- How to get started with logging
- How to integrate logging into an existing application
- Options for parsing log files once they're available
- How many log lines to use per request
- How to create meaningful log records
- Jordi's logging best practices
- Some privacy points to be aware of in the context of the GDPR, CalOPPA, HIPPA, etc.
- Plus loads load more!
- Tideways Blog: Four Logging Best Practices for Production Applications
- Global Privacy Laws Explained
- Private Packagist
- Treeware License
Guests: Jordi Boggiano
Hosted By: Benjamin Eberlei and Matthew Setter.
Thanks for tuning in to the Undercover ElePHPant. If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast or know someone very knowledgeable in writing highly performant and scalable PHP applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This podcast is produced by Tideways. Don't look further for an all in one Monitoring, Profiling and Exception Tracking software for PHP applications available on tideways.com. Follow us on Twitter (@tidewaysio). Find out more about us at https://tideways.com.