Talking Background Processes and Workers in PHP With Samuel Roze
In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Samuel Roze about background processes in PHP. We also talk about angel processes, handling failure, the mindset you need to develop background processes in PHP and loads more!
Samuel shared a load of excellent advice that you can start using today in your PHP applications, including:
- The common challenges with background processes and PHP?
- Why background processes & workers can be an important aspect of PHP applications?
- What angel processes are
- How to handle failed background processes
- How to handle memory in PHP with long-running processes
- Plus loads load more!
- Tideways Blog: Five Challenges Running Reliable Background Jobs in PHP
- Solid (by Sir Tim Berners-Lee)
- The Symfony Messenger Component
- Episode 4: Retries and Timeouts with Bastian Hofmann
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Apache Kafka
Guests: Samuel Roze
Thanks for tuning in to the Undercover ElePHPant. If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast or know someone very knowledgeable in writing highly performant and scalable PHP applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.