Integrating with Third-Party APIs with Nils Adermann
In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Nils Adermann about integrating with third-party APIs in PHP. We also talk about handling retries and timeouts, writing tests, incremental backoffs, rolling rate windows, vendor horror stories — plus loads more! Nils shared a load of excellent advice that you can start using today.
In this episode, Benjamin and Matthew talk with Nils Adermann about integrating with third-party APIs in PHP. Nils shares some excellent advice, including:
- Handling retries and timeouts
- Efficiently and effectively working with multiple API vendors
- How to work with vendors when their actions break your apps
- Different types of responses (the good and the bad)
- Writing tests
- Using incremental backoffs
- Working with rolling rate windows
- Plus loads load more — including some vendor horror stories!
Guests: Nils Adermann.
Thanks for tuning in to the Undercover ElePHPant. If you'd like to be a guest on the podcast or know someone very knowledgeable in writing highly performant and scalable PHP applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org.